Wireless live streaming from Theta Z1

Has anybody with early access to a Theta Z1 been able to confirm that the wireless live streaming plugin works with the camera ?

Any additional feedback on thermal performance and battery life of the camera when live streaming would be useful.

I have not tried it yet, but I’ve heard that the larger body helps with thermal issues and the USB C helps with battery power. I’ll try soon.

1 Like

I will try, too. I had some troubles connecting over Wi-Fi in the past. It’s about time I try again.

Thank you. Look forward to your feedback. Are there theta representatives in the community that can help expedite access to a Z1 so we can verify compatibility and ascertain quality, stability of the camera, custom plugin and it’s integration with our the platform ? I’m interested in a purchase, but sooner I can get hold of one - the better.

1 Like

@prasad_mani,

The plug-in page has text that says “What’s New - It is now compatible with RICOH THETA Z1.” It appears this was added on May 8, so maybe you already saw this.

I tried testing with the Z1, but I’m not able to live stream to YouTube. My guess is this has to do with how I am configuring the settings, not any issues with the Z1. However, I could not get it to work so far.

Can you tell me more about your platform and your specific issues? If you prefer, you can DM me at @jcasman or email me at jcasman@oppkey.com.