Z1 Streaming PlugIn to YouTube “Connection Failed”

Following all instruction for the Wireless Streaming Plug-in, when I start streaming using the theta app or directly on the Z1, I get “connection fails”. I can stream from OBS using the same stream URL and key, on the same network. Any ideas on what the issue might be?

FYI- this is my first post here, please forgive if I’m posting in the wrong place… thanks!

Did you see this video?

Do you have the Z1 connected to your router in client mode?

I did not watch that specific video(I have now), and I am following the same exact steps. I am connected to my local router. Thanks for your help!

I think I just found the cause. YouTube sees the OS as Android on the Z1 and in order to stream from a mobile device you have to have 1000 subscribers. Let me know if you agree.

I don’t have a definite answer. The channel I’m using for testing has more than 1,000 subscribers.

I’ll try and test the plug-in with a channel that has less than 1,000 subscribers. I will attempt to make some time today (I’m on the West Coast US).

Thanks for posting that info.

Can you test it with Facebook Live? Or, do you need to use YouTube because that is a requirement of your project?

I have a listing of videos for streaming below.

I found the issue. I did not have youtube setup on the “share settings” page. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Oh, so you can live stream with the Wireless Live Streaming plug-in now?

Thanks for letting me know. It saved me some time with testing.

I didn’t know that you needed to set the “share settings” page.

I didn’t know you had to do this. I have had lots of trouble with setting up live streaming. I will test this myself, possibly a great tip. Thank you for posting.

Consider making a video about the process or write it up here.

Hey everyone, first time here as well…

Trying to connect to facebook via PC but it also always says connection failed…

Is there anyway to use the wireless stream feature to stream to facebook live?

By the way, I watched both the video from above and read the facebook streaming guide (How To: Facebook Live Streaming with Wi-Fi | by Jesse Casman | theta360.guide | Medium)

Go to the bottom of this thread.

Wireless Live Streaming Plug-in Audio Problems

Laszlo has it working with Facebook Live. You may need fast Internet upstream bandwidth. 4K requires 15mbps