Z1 new firmware 2.00.1 & awesome feature updated

Hi, folks.
Already grabbed the updated firmware version 2.00.0? It’s very awesome and been waiting for long time.

Just click the shutter button. no required the Plugin.

However, you need to stitch the .dng image with using Ricoh Theta Stitcher. Luminar AI is much easier to do the job. Yes, you can use RTS as STANDALONE tool.

Here is the sample.(Sky replaced in Luminar AI ver.1.3.0)

Good luck.
Toyo

1 Like

Is there a link to the announcement? How did you upgrade it? From the mobile app?

from desktop app for the firmware and Theta app in App Store.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try it after breakfast.

1 Like

Good night🥱
@craig san.

1 Like

OLED says, “Firmware Update”

Camera reboots.

Blue LED on front flashes.

Indicates firmware update is done.

Verifying Version

Desktop Software

Windows File Explorer

right-click

@Juantonto , can you confirm that the HDR is applied to the DNG image in addition to the JPEG image.

how does the quality compare to dual-fisheye plug-in 3 bracket?

1 Like

No problem. It’s done. DFE HDR-DNG mode is still awesome. However, In-build RAW-HDR is quite easy to shoot and develope for everyone. STANDALONE stitcher is very useful.

Toyo

2 Likes

Is the standalone stitcher based on the modification of the .ini file on Windows? Or, is there a version of the stitcher out from RICOH that does not require Lightroom Classic CC?

2 Likes

ini.file modefied version.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming this. I made a video for developers on how to use the stitcher as a standalone application without Lightroom Classic CC. This is for testing the DNG and to compare it against the jpg. I wanted to confirm that the technique is still needed.

Thanks for your help.

1 Like

Hi, @craig san
Thank you for your making useful videos.

RICOH says to me some of users are wanting “STANDALONE” stitcher software. However, I had no idea how to use it in my workflow. NOBODY can show me the satisfied solution. Although I’m not a great fan of Adobe, LrC, Ps & Bridge are fine softwares to develope Z1’s RAW images. LrC and RTS is the shortest way to get the great result.

RICOH’s policy(Theta Stitcher as Lightroom Classic plugin) is quite right and reasonable so far. Providing “Standalone” stitcher may require them extra manpower.

I agree with Sam Rohn’s opinion… “Standalone” will open the gate to the potential users. “Open source guys all love gimp and darktable” he said. They’ll buy Z1?

Anyway, I finally found the new workflow with using In-build RAW-HDR mode and Luminar AI. Sky replacement is awesome!

Additionally, we must not forget the mobile(both iOS and Android) workflow(Z1 Transfer & Z1 Stitcher by @hirota41 san). That’s great.

Enjoy them,
Toyo

1 Like

Standalone RICOH THETA Z1 Stitcher for DNG RAW Images without Lightroom - Unsupported Hack

2 Likes

Have been testing the new firmware and app update, and just wanted to be sure: the HDR features only shoot a single image, and there is still no proper auto-bracketing for HDR with Ricoh products right? I’m testing a Theta Z1 and is seems like in order to get bracketed images, it is all manual still, which is a very slow and tedious process.

Yes. It’s very, very slow. If you wanna get them to do Classical HDR method, using DFE or DFR / bracket mode would be better.

Good luck
Toyo

PS; DFR remote app is coming soon. but not for iPhone. That’s Apple’s policy.

DFE/DFR unfortunately haven’t been serviceable for our needs unfortunately, after extensive testing on that front a few months back :frowning:

The Classical HDR method incontrovertibly hasn’t been serviceable for mine incontrovertibly, since purchased Z1.

Hi @dsrts
Have you tested the new feature “AE Bracket” mode? That’s what you wanted.

New feature! "AE Bracket" added in the shooting mode.[Z1 ONLY]

Hope you enjoy.
Toyo

1 Like