App That Uses 2 hour record mode and 8k 2fps

I’ve started development on this app that uses new features from the Theta X camera. You can try out 8k 2fps and 2 hour mode as well as other features!

Remember:

• Be In Video Mode
  • I set it to use the Real Camera by Default

Here is the Source Code on Github

Snack Link Here to try a Browser Demo and also can edit the code.

1 Like

Nice job. Thanks for building this.

It works great with an Android mobile phone and the THETA X physical device.

Are you going to add 8K 10fps?

I’m attempting a build on Android.

In this Stackoverflow post, it looks like expo can handle http in addition to https.

expo - How can i add these statements in app.json? - Stack Overflow

1 Like

I uploaded an apk of the application.

1 Like

30 second video of app by @erikrod1 running on Samsung tablet.

1 Like

I am using a Pixel running Android 10. It installed and worked great. It’s pretty cool how easily it runs on a physical device, not just an emulator.

1. Open with Package installer

2. ThetaJDemo - Do you want to install this application? Click Install

3. Main tip is that you’ll next
    get an Unsafe app blocked window. Click More Details and then Install Anyway.

1 Like

The main reason it says, “Unsafe app blocked” is because we haven’t uploaded it to Google Play yet. Uploading to Google Play requires a developer publisher account, which we’ll likely get in the future.

1 Like

A few years ago, we put the Z1 testing app on Google Play. We could do the same for the current React Native app once the feature set is stabilized. The app below has three screens and an icon for the app.

1 Like

If anyone want’s to try out the newest releases on mobile download the Expo Go app on your mobile device then scan the QR code in the project link.

Here is my Project Link to try it out on your mobile device (IOS or ANDROID) → This will always be up to date with the latest features that I update to this app.

1 Like

Alternatively you can just scan this QR Code directly and the app will be on your phone if you have expo go installed. No account required.

1 Like