Thanks for this good information.
Just to confirm that you’re okay with having to stitch the images from the plug-in yourself, using either PTGui, Hugin or another third-party software. I have not tried using hugin for the stitching. This video on YouTube makes it seem feasible.
I am thinking of running a fun challenge for this developer community to complete the plugin. You can see the challenge concept in the mock-up below.
The idea is for developers to learn more about plug-in development by completing an easy challenge. If the developer extends the functionality to make it more user friendly, they get a chance to win another prize.
The banner would link to more information that contains:
- information on the photographer/artist (Gerlando Lo Savio)
- information on the project (astronomical observatory day-to-night time lapse video and trail time lapse)
- plug-in requirements as specified in your previous post
If we go forward, @jcasman and I will take care of everything. You do not need to do anything other than provide feedback on the completed plug-in or plug-ins.
Other components that Jesse and I would handle:
- challenge rules
- securing and distributing prizes
- promotional of the challenge
- promotion of the products offered as prizes
- create challenge starter kit with template dual-fisheye plug-in for people to modify
Let me know your initial feelings on the challenge. The reason I am proposing to show your picture and your art is to make the challenge feel more “real world”. There’s a real purpose for the plug-in, not just a theoretical use case. We can apply a watermark to your art if you prefer.
After I get your feedback, I will need to discuss with @jcasman