HDR Wireless Live streaming(Flow Tours) - 4K resolution in YouTube Live

I’m first doing a recording test.

If the test goes well, I’m interested in progressing to a live streaming test.

9am PT in California is 6pm GMT +2 in Hungary.

initial test of “record only” worked

works in VLC

I’m uploading it to YouTube now as a test and I am recording another test clip.

30 second test clip works with camera held in my hand and the camera is sideways.

Test with 4GB file.

28 minute clip

1 Like

Thanks for testing, @craig ! Did it shut down because of heat after 28 minutes? Also it works with H.265, but some users reported black hole visible, so you could skip h.265 for now please.

I also did a record, in dual fisheye and tried to stitch with PTGui and Mistika VR. I’m not too good at stitching…but will upload it to youtube and share here.

The problem with that file is that after I stitch in mistika VR audio is out of sync. If I watch the original dual fisheye it works perfectly… I will contact support of mistikaVR. This is an issue there for sure. Any way I will share here soon.

I turned it off at 28 minutes because I was having problems with my USB-C charger. this is unrelated to the plug-in. I’m trying another test now with H.264. It’s been recording for 40 minutes so far. I think.

It would be nice if you could put a timer on OLED screen of the Z1 to see how long the stream of the recording is. I’m using a stopwatch on my computer to see when to turn off the plug-in.

Is it supposed to record the audio to the video file as well?

I have the Z1 19GB model. The max time per recording is normally 25 minutes. The total video recording is 40 minutes. If I record at 24fps H.264, how long do you think I can record for with the video file saved inside the camera? It’s looking like it may be 8GB an hour? The 30 minute video was 4GB.

I’m currently waiting for my 28 minute to process. It’s a quick way to show that there’s a way to take a video that’s longer than 25 minutes.

The Z1 is drawing more than 500mA. It’s fluctuating between .6A and 1.31A. Not all USB ports can supply more than 500mA. I have the Z1 plugged into a wall charger.

Agree and thanks, it makes sense to display some timed data. However I wouldn’t update it too ofter, probably every 1 minute, to count minutes only, to not update too often the ‘screen’.

Yes, audio is also recorded there! When recording in equirectangular 24FPS is maximum I can get now with Z1. In dual fisheye 30FPS also works fine…

Video is still in processing so resolution is still very low at YouTube, but you can look at a bit later: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oJ5ml-LFPs

hi,
did processing of that ~30 minute video finished? I think that h.265 is the key here, to record using h.265 in 20mbps it will look superb and 25FPS is also stable during my internal tests. Also there is a cheaper tool that may help with stabilizing Cyberlink Powerdirector… I didn’t get there yet to upload recorded files to YouTube, I was pushing streaming so far. But as it was easy to make it record to a file I thought why not to try and see later how will it work? I think I may be able even to inject spatial metadata directly, but it may add 1-2% CPU usage too, so 25FPS may not work only 24FPS. Any way for me streaming was most important.

The video you uploaded looks great.

I successfully uploaded the 28 minute video, but it is still processing on YouTube.

I may try and upload it again.

I tried to take a 3hr 16 minute videos, but it put my camera into an unbootable state, showing only a triangle with an exclamation point in the center.

I was able to boot it again with

adb shell
reboot bootloader

I’m not sure what the command actually did, but the Z1 is working again and I’m going to try a 60 minute video recording this time. I’m 50 minutes into the new test.

Craig, it may happen that storage was full and I didn’t tested through that scenario like action “stop recording and close properly the mp4 in case storage is full”? Not sure.User from Taiwan who recorded almost 3 hours didn’t report anything like that, I’m sorry! That file was lost right? I made the plugin to stop recording and close the file when thermal shutdown is initiated, but for storage check I didn’t do anything specifically… 60 minute will be fine. Even 2 hour should be fine. if 30 minute takes 8-9gb. But that 3 hour video I guess you tried at lower bitrate right? 12mbps in h.264?

For the failed video, I was not able to recover the video file.

I was using 20Mbps bitrate.

I’ll try again with 12Mbps bitrate in H.264.

The two files I have on YouTube are still stuck at 95% processing.

I just did another recording at 20Mbps h.264. It was successful for 1hr 8 minutes. I stopped it manually. There’s no problems overheating.

hi, @craig ,
did processing of the video finish at YouTube?

Thanks!

yes, it processed. Here is the sample clip.

I also recorded a 1 hour video yesterday as well. I did not upload the 1 hour video

Hi,
Very Nice garden and offices, thanks for sharing! When in h.265 it looks even bétter…

@craig ,
for tuning recording better to adjust key frame interval to 2 or more and also btirate mode VBR variable bitrate will produce better quality. I exposed you these additional setting on flow.tours, also audio quality settings…

Also on video the sky was “blinking” because of keyframe interval was set to 1 this was noticeable…

1 Like

hi, @craig,
I’ve good news. You have to try this to see the difference…

Set encoding to H.265 please and if you want to record, set into RTMP URL word “.youtube.” without quotes. You can add www or can omit too, it’s just critical to include .youtube. like here:

RTMP Stream name you can leave empty, or even leave what you used to, it’s important to include .youtube. at RTMP URL thats all.

It will record a properly sized and HEVC encoded file for YouTube. If you set it to 12mbps bitrate, you should get a better quality than your earlier video. Especially if VBR is set and keyframe interval to 2. Feel free to try and share! Also another good news, when using H.265 you could set FPS to 25 instead of 24…

I did some tests and it looks much better even at lower bitrates. But if you have more bandwidth can set 20mbps or 30mbps too, it will make a difference in YouTube too.

Hi,
I was in Sopron this weekend and recorded a video sample with the plugin, h.265 hevc encoding 25fps, 20 mbps bitrate. No postprocessing done, only spatial metadata injected and uploaded to YouTube…

@Juantonto , was here at this city key decade(s) ago. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Laszlo

1 Like

What does “key frame interval” mean? I will try this and other settings you suggested. Thanks.

Maybe you should put a help icon next to the drop down menu on your system. Other people may need your knowledge and advice for the setup as well. :slight_smile:

If you set keyframe to 1 and fps is set to 24, it will produce a keyframe every 1 second, or every 24 frames if set to 2 it will produce a keyframe every 48 frames, or 2 seconds.

For longer operation still keep fps at 24 instead of 25, also CBR, constant bitrate may work longer…with 2 keyframes set.

Im not planning to expose all settings, probably after some more test data I will limit to those that are reliable. Like 30fps with equirectangular will not work well for sure in Z1… while dualfisheye will work fine.

At stream doman, if you save h.265 make sure that .youtube. is there even if you plan to record. otherwise there is a sizing issue for some reason and a black hole will appear in video.

I’m running post stabilization using MistikaVR on a h.265 recorded video file from Sopron. Will uoad to Youtube once its done to see the difference.

Thanks for this explanation.

What is a keyframe and how is it used on FlowTours?

I’m working at home today. I’ll likely try more testing later in the week.

In theory video could be a sequence of independent image…weel for compression it’s not. We only “encode” the changes between 2 frames coming each, BUT every 24 frames we send again a whole iamge, so “correcting” the compression. Less keyframse, more compression… I mean this is only explanation simplified version fro myself…
better explanation or official here: Key frame - Wikipedia

Thanks for testing! I’m testing a gimball, DJI Osmo mobile 4…

1 Like

Every time I try to log into FlowTours, I have to reset my password.

The reset password form works.

However, I have to reset it every time I log in.

The saved password doesn’t appear to work, just the one-time linke.

Do I need to set the Audio Bitrate and the Audio Sample Rate?

What is the Max Buffer Items?

Hi,
Your username is codetricity and not the email.

Max buffer items is the maximum number of frames to keep in buffer…when internet speed fluctuates its very importa t. Also for low latency better to keep low (48), but if network is unstable etter a higher number, like 400…

craig via THETA 360 Developer noreply@community.theta360.guide ezt írta (időpont: 2022. nov. 1., Ke 16:41):

Live Stream to YouTube, 4K 24fps, H.264.

1 Like