How to streamline the images to third-party server

Interesting topic products with evolving ecosystem.
How can I streamline the images to third-party server for customized functions.

My original plan is fairly big with independent server. I would like to join the challenge and want to select one theme fit into the 2 months development period.
Regards.

2 Likes

You can get sample media at the link below:

You can reduce image size inside the camera with standard Android image reduction tutorials. For example, this one:
Sample Media and Development Resources

If you do not have a camera, you can get started with an Android Virtual Device and put the sample images in /sdcard/DCIM/100RICOH/ on your AVD with adb push

Here’s an example that reduces a RICOH THETA image from 10.7MB to 0.12MB.

https://github.com/codetricity/no-camera-sample

1 Like

That is great to work with Theta with many ideas brewing.
One of intesting topic is VR embedded 360 video or photo. How about QT for mobile as IDE in APP development.
I could creat new 3D objects and plugin them into the Theta. I would like to try, can you provide several suggesions on the feasiblility.
Thanks.

1 Like

Easiest way to do this with A-Frame. Search on this forum for many examples. Unity is also very popular.

RICOH THETA Image with 3D asset (for car)

Check out A-frame.

You can create this type of interface:

You can also add in 3D objects

You can get normal 3D assets that you download and insert them into the scene.

Couch is 3d asset

1 Like

@fyaosx, I’m just adding some more information here. RICOH put out a version of the THETA focused on an animated character. The code for this may not be accessible, but as an example of overlaying 3D objects, maybe it’s worth looking through.

Main site: Service Closure Announcement

@codetricity’s hands-on review from a year ago:

that app has accurate shadows:

It also enables an object such as a leaf to be in front of the 3D asset.

There are controls to adjust the character positioning, including hair positioning.

The original post by @fyaosx dealt with moving the images from the THETA to a third-party server. I’m assuming that he wants to add 3D assets into the images, at the third-party server site. For example, the plug-in could transfer the images to an AWS instance and he can then allow his users to configure the assets and images in the AWS instance.

Another possibility using the Hatsune Miku concept is to use a separate mobile app to exchange data directly with the plug-in, eliminating the need for a third-party server.

Remember that the plug-in can serve up HTML assets from the camera with a library such as NanoHTTPd. A companion mobile app could take the assets and cache them on a separate mobile device.