I am trying to live stream from my Theta V in Ubuntu, over USB using OBS. OBS can stream the built-in camera just fine, but it doesn’t see the Theta.
- lusb sees the Ricoh Theta.
- ptpcam -c is able to initiate a capture.
- ptpcam -g is able to download the captured photo.
- modinfo uvcvideo shows I’ve got UVC 1.1.1 on Linux 4.4.0.
- lsusb -vd 05ca:1712|grep UVC shows the camera supports UVC 1.5. (05ca:1712 was the camera ID obtained from lsusb).
- v4l2-ctl --list-devices does not see the Theta.
From discussions on this forum and elsewhere it is clear that UVC 1.5 is not available on Linux, and that is the issue I’m facing. Some of the posts on this forum are stale and that’s why I’m asking here again.
I see on this forum that one brave soul wrote a UVC 1.5 driver for Android but the source code is not available. But anyhow that is Android, and still wouldn’t help us with Linux.
So I just wonder if there are workarounds or how others are tackling this issue?
Other posts indicate that I should be able to stream MJPEG over UVC 1.1, but OBS doesn’t even see the device. Has someone got MJPEG to work?
Section 14.2 of the FAQ seems to indicate the Raspberry Pi CAN stream from a Theta connected via USB but then seems to contradict it later. So I’m very confused on whether that is possible. Anyone know?