Evening of demos, presentations, and technical workshop to truly explore the radical changes in the relationship among photographer, audience, and developer. The new RICOH THETA V provides completely new functionality, changing the type of content that is being produced.
Want to try a THETA V yourself? Want to learn how to develop for the THETA V?
- YouTube Live Event - 4K 360° real-time video direct from camera to YouTube using Wi-Fi or mobile
- VR real-time stream into HTC Vive VR goggles - Transport yourself into the world the camera sees!
- 360° image direct to VR headset - Immediately take and share pictures from camera to VR headset using Google Photos and Wi-Fi or mobile access
- Automatic Face Blur - Camera AI automatically edits photos as you’re taking pictures
- 5 open source examples of community code with explanations
- Hands-on workshop where you build an app to take seven 360° photos in rapid sequence
- Onsite access to advanced RICOH THETA V 360° cameras unlocked with developer mode enabled
- Access to free and open source tools and code that you can use at home. Build a fully functional apk and take it home with you.
- Developers - who want to build stunning 360° user experiences and understand workflows for creators and media consumers
- Creators - who want to easily create new experiences for viewers
- Consumers - who want to access to new and interesting perspectives and stories
- Laptop with Android Studio installed for plug-in development
- Windows laptop preferred, but Linux or Mac will work for most sections
- Android mobile phone for stitching images
- If you don’t have an Android phone, you can stitch the images with desktop software on Windows or Mac
- Brilliant ideas
- Spirit of innovation
Do you want to show off your THETA V application? Come share it with everyone at the micro conference. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for information on demoing!
THETA pens and stickers!
- PubNub - 725 Folsom Street, San Francisco, CA 94107 (South side of Moscone between 3rd and 4th)
- August 30, 2018 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM