Is it possible that there is a process running in the background of the camera?
- Save all the pictures and media onto a separate backup drive.
- Turn off camera by pressing and holding the power button for 8 seconds.
- turn on and test again
Verify the firmware version
- should be 2.00.1 or newer
- use the free desktop app to check the firmware Download | RICOH THETA
- if you updated the firmware, test again
Use force shutdown
- press and hold the power and wifi buttons on the camera body for 8 seconds. Camera will shut down
- test again
Delete all media from camera
- if the above three steps do not work, try to first backup all your media from the camera, then
- delete all media from camera after you back up the media onto a computer
- turn off camera using step 1
- restart camera and test again
If you are still having problems, then post this info:
- camera firmware
- process you are using to take the camera (such as a plug-in or other)