React Native Guide for Windows In Development

In Progress Guide

Hello everyone, I’m currently in development of a guide that will show you how to setup the demo React Native app from RICOH to help you get started in your development journey!

THETA SDK docs | help

For reference I used the official RICOH THETA Client README.md guide as well as the linked YouTube guide that shows how to do it on Mac OS.

GITHUB How to create React Native project

VIDEO theta-client with React Native

To check out the progress of my guide as well as check out other guides that are done or in development get the documents here Website to Subscribe. Useful information and tips will be included in the new community documents site that will be easy to navigate through and follow.

Sample

Here is a sample of what the website will look like Sample Website based on my previous article in this forum about using Tasker.

It’ll be great to see more people building modifications to theta-client.

I spent some time with theta-client and my own Flutter application that I built from scratch, not using demo-flutter. It’s a real pleasure to use theta-client as it handles a lot of http camera to phone communication.

These are some of the modifications I made on Flutter

• added Panorama to view images in 360
  • adjusted panorama for things like zoom
  • added buttons to get camera information for testing

I hope to dig into the react-native-demo more and look forward to your completed install and basic setup guide.

Update March 13 afternoon

I have it working on Windows 11

flickering on live preview

I am getting flickering on Android. do you see this as well?

react_screenshot

1 Like

Complete build process on Windows 11

Guide for my React Native Section is almost done just adding some touch ups and finishing changes to make the guide look better. You can now follow through all of it and run the RICOH THETA React Native Demo on your Windows system!

Subscribe to the Documents Website and get access to the React Native Guide here
THETA SDK docs Website | help

2 Likes

If you can regularly replicate the flickering, take a video of it and open a GitHub issue on the ricohapi repository.

2 Likes

Okay will do it happens regularly for me.

I’ll also try it on an iOS device to see if the problem exists on Android and iOS. I’m configuring a mac now for testing.

BTW, I found this document about installing different versions of brew per user and am in the process of setting up my own brew install on my account.

brew is taking a long time to install nvm, which I need for the react native test.