Announcing the THETA Unofficial Guide 360 Time-Lapse Video Challenge!
The winner is @Bob_White with multiple backyard time lapse video entries showing setting sunset and moonrise. Really well done!
Credit: Phil Spitler
We’ve seen multiple cool implementations of time-lapse photography using the RICOH THETA API. Would you like to try your hand at it? Sure, you can use THETA+ or other apps like Rollworld to build time-lapse videos. But what if you want to go past the 200 image limit? What if you want to take time-lapse images continually past your battery limit? You can handle these obstacles using the API.
Requirements for submission:
- Photos must be taken with API (either WiFi or USB)
- Welcome to use existing code (photosphere, tlapser360 or others)
- Your script (totally unique or adapted from other code) must be submitted, either as a reply below, email to firstname.lastname@example.org or sending a link to your GitHub repo or in Dropbox. Lots of possibilities, we just want to see what you built!
- Videos must be submitted below
- Preference given to videos utilizing over 2000 images taken from a RICOH THETA
Full legal rules here.
Submit your idea and you can win our first-of-a-kind Unofficial Guide T-shirt!
Examples of Time-Lapse Projects
- Photosphere - time lapse. permanent installation in remote location. PoE. Raspberry Pi 2. Bash
- tlapser360 - Raspberry Pi, Adafruit LUX meter, GPS, bash
- You do not need to use Raspberry Pi, you can use your Mac, Windows, or Linux laptop. @Phil_Spitler 's 360 Degrees of Christmas video was made on a MacBook with tlapser360.
Credit: Koen Hufkens
Credit: Jason Charcalla